Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Baby's Birthday

My baby turned 8 years old on Monday.  I used to look forward to birthdays but with Alex getting ready to be a teenager next month, birthdays are now bittersweet to me.  It is a reminder that they are getting older each day and God is preparing them for a life away from Mama and Daddy.  That breaks my heart.  Although Faith has informed me of several different scenarios about her future:

  • She would like to live in the house across the street from us.  Alex and her husband would live next door to her.
  • She would like to live with us after she is married.
  • I guess if neither of the above works then she said she needs for us to have at least two extra bedrooms so that her and her husband would have a room to come visit as well as her children with their own room.
I love it.  She's still at the age where Mom and Dad are still the coolest and she never wants to leave.  Coming very soon is the age where Mom and Dad are so not cool and she will be worried that we will embarass her in front of her friends.  :)

Faith has for the second year not wanted to have a birthday party with her friends.  She didn't want cupcakes for her friends at school.  She simply wanted a family day.  Love it!  She is not a fan of crowds and I don't think she likes the pressure that birthday parties tend to put on the birthday girl.  So, I picked her and Alex up early and we had a girls date at Kani House.  She LOVES Kani House and it is certainly a place for a special occasion.  We then met Daddy at Mountasia where we got a steal on entertainment!  With all of my coupons that I printed online, we played 18 holes of mini golf, 3 rides on the go karts for less than $20.  She also got $10 in FREE tokens for the arcade and a FREE $6 souvenier cup of coke!  Awesome!!  We had a great time and then came home for pizza, cookie cake and ice cream.  She told me several times that it was the best birthday ever.  *I've heard that for the past 5 years*  Her love language is Quality Time and Physical Touch....I think she got her tank pretty full!!

I love that girl.  She is a delight to me and I am honored to be her Mama. 

Happy 8th Birthday Faith!!

No comments: