Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Broken Toilet

Let's see...this week really started off with a bang...

I have really been missing my dear husband...in case you haven't heard already...and then we got word that he has to be gone all this week too. Problem is, his sweet sister Sarah is in town with my neice and nephew. He really felt terrible and was dreading leaving town yesterday. So, me trying this new role that God is totally having to show me how to do, was a respectful and supportive wife and did NOT have a pity party. I love Sarah dearly, but it never fails with his job for things like this to happen. Tommy's poor family hardly ever gets to see him as it is, so she drove 900 miles to see him and he has to leave. So, I put my big girl pants on and sucked it up.

The only request I had is that he fix our toilet in our master bath before he left. It has had a slow leak and got the point that it ran continuously. That's where it all went downhill. Satan knows right where to get ya. He went to Home Depot on his way home from work and picked up a 4.00 kit to replace the inside of the tank junk. So, my handy fix it hubby went to work. He took the tank off, replaced the junk inside and screwed it back together....WA~LAH!!! It was fixed! We turned the water back on and it was completely fixed!! Then, he thought he'd tighten one more screw...and it was all over...the tank busted and water shot EVERYWHERE

Alex, Faith and I are running around like we've lost our mind not sure what we should do...Alex grabbed a hand towel and handed it to Tommy. **bless her little heart** I grabbed all the towels we had upstairs to soak up the water.

Why, oh why, did that have to happen? That totally put a damper on the positive spirit I had. Tommy left ticked off and so that's been the start of our week. I meant to take a picture of the damaged toilet, but thought it might be too difficult to look at after such an awful event!!!! LOL

So, my honey bunny is in Nashville, but we had a good time here. We went to see Evan Almighty at the theater for free. It was great!! Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Really convicted and touched my heart. Even though it was a silly story, it reminded me of how many times I make up excuses not to be obedient to God. If it is something that is in His will...He can move heaven and earth to make it happen. It also remided me of how personal God is. Morgan Freeman did a great job with that part showing how He gently but firmly at times guides my path. I try to do it on my own far more than I should.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mandy, I feel your pain. Been there. Not exactly the same way, but close enough to relate.

Hope to see you around soon!

Shelley