Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Doggie Drama

Poor Max.




Ok, so we've had some doggie drama. A few weeks ago, Max hurt his leg...we have yet to figure out exactly what he did to hurt it. It was initally sprained, but turned into a fracture. I took him back to the vet after he's hobbled for a couple of weeks now and the x rays showed a break through both bones in his leg. Soooo, the first fix is to try to cast it for 4-6 weeks and if that doesn't work, the vet said he'd need surgery. We DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!! An orthopedic doggie surgeon will cost us over 1200.00....that's a negative!

The fun part is that I GET to make sure that his cast stays dry. So, every time he goes potty, I have to cover it with a bag...are you kidding?!? I have to laugh, or I'll cry!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww.... poor pup!

GratefulinGA said...

Awwwww!! That's so sad...for the dog too. :0)


I kid...I kid.

I will keep you all in my prayers.