Monday, August 29, 2011

School, Softball and Service

Wow.  Off with a bang!

The girls are doing great in school and I can't believe that they are half way through the first nine weeks.  Faith is LOVING her teachers and I know the Lord hand picked them for her so that she can be challenged and feel secure at the same time.  Thank you God!!  Alex has great teachers as well.  She is loving the slightly slower pace of her new math class.  She is taking two high school courses this year...Spanish and Physical Science.  The Science class has been her toughest so far this year.  She also has asked her principal permission to start a girls Bible study this year and we are patiently awaiting the decision from the school board.  Her heart is to have a study that leads girls in mentoring and discipleship and something that will outlive her last year in middle school.  I am so happy to see both girls growing in the Lord this year. 

We are beginning a new softball season as well.  Their Daddy is having the time of his life with this.  It helps that they both have talent with it too.  :)  Alex loves her left center position and is an incredible batter.  Faith is starting her year being the real deal catcher.  I still laugh when I think about the first season she played and after she practiced that position she said it was so much fun being the UMPIRE.  I'll never forget that.  I almost didn't correct her!

I have been praying for God to open a door that we would be able to serve Him as a family.  I have for many years been in women's ministry and my job at the church is definitely ministry but I felt like I was always going in another direction from my family to do ministry.  The Lord has opened a door for us to join our Sunday School class in serving a local mobile home park on Wednesday nights.  We have church in their park and are loving it!  The girls have taken on leadership roles in helping with the kids and I hang out with the grown folks and do Bible study.  Alex has been assisting my friend Kristy in leading the kids.  She shared her testimony for the first time a couple of weeks ago and this week she will teach the lesson to the kids, Lord willing, on David and Goliath.  Faith's role is to be a friend to all and reach out to at least one kid each week.  Its just being Jesus with skin on when we are there.  Just being instead of worrying about the doing, like our Pastor has been preaching lately.  I so love it when the Holy Spirit matches up what He is doing in my heart to what is being taught on Sundays.  Total evidence that His Word is alive and powerful.  I have been praying for a hedge of protection be strong around our family as I know that we are in the enemy's territory with this ministry as well as the girls focusing on impacting their schools.  I know my God is completely faithful and will fight any battle for us.  *this is a reminder to me while I am typing this!!*

Looking forward to some cooler weather and my most favorite time of year coming up soon!  Still happy though to be in Georgia in the 90's instead of the 100+ temps that my poor Okie family has been struggling through all summer.  One week out there about did me in!!


One last thing...BOOMER.SOONER.

No comments: