Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering



Today is the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  It was a sad day that I will never forget.  Same kind of sadness and shock as the OKC bombing.  I will never forget where I was and what circumstances were in my life the day it happened.  Even though they were different places, days and issues, one thing has been constant...God is in control. 

You hear it in the stories of WHO was there.  You hear it in the stories of the MIRACLES.  You see it in the stories of those who died with a PURPOSE.  God was and is in control of each and every one.

A sobering day, but a true reality.  We all have a day appointed that we will die.  No one can escape death.  Our Lord has planned not only our day of birth but our day of death BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.  It has been such a relief to grasp that reality that there is nothing I can do to escape or speed up death.  There are consequences for sin, but there is no changing the plan God has for your life.  Whew.  Talk about resting easy!  Now, if I wasn't sure of my salvation and my eternity with Christ, that would scare the life out of me.  He wants us to be secure in our salvation and have confidence in our eternal destination.  We are all appointed a day of death...question is, where will we spend E.T.E.R.N.I.T.Y.?  It blows my mind to even try to grasp 1000 years.  Eternity.  Forever.  Never ending.  My God comprehends it.  He created it.  He wants to be with ME for eternity.  ME.  Mandy Baker.  Little me who grew up thinking there was no purpose for my life.  HE showed me that there is a purpose.  HE showed me that there is an eternity.  And HE showed me that HE wants to spend it with ME.  John 10:28  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.Do you know Him?  Do you know where you will spend ETERNITY?  You can be 100% sure today!  http://allgraceabound.com/site/do-you-know




9/11.  Over 3000 deaths in one day.  Bigger yet, over 200,000 gone in one day in the Indonesian tsunami.  Wow.  God knew each and every person.  Created them.  Made them in His image.  All in THEIR eternity.  Forever.  Never ending.  It is all of our destiny.  We were made to live forever.  It is sad to be without those we've lost, but those who knew Christ would never choose to return.  They are seeing JESUS!  I think about that often.  Those I know who have passed away...they are seeing the indescribable glory of JESUS.  I wish I had 5 minutes with any of them.  Just to hear what they are living now.  No hurts.  No physical restrictions.  No worries.  Eternal glory.  Thank you Lord for your perfect plan for our lives.  Thank you that you have prepared a place for us and this is NOT our home.  Thank you Lord that you've extended your invitation of grace and forgiveness to all.  I pray that anyone reading this post will search their hearts and be in a right relationship with you TODAY.  Our day for eternity could be tomorrow.  Let's not wait until then.

Hell is real.  Hell is not pretend.  Hell is eternity.  Do you know Him?  Jesus' call to us is simple.  We Americans have taken the gospel and watered it down to make it user friendly and played games at the foot of the cross.  It's time for our country to wake up.  He will return for His people.  There won't be time to play games then.  Today is the day.  John 3:36  Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

No comments: