Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two years have passed...

Oh my! I had totally forgotten and seriously neglected this poor blog! I can't believe how the girls have changed in looking at their pictures. I also cannot believe all that has happened in this two year time span. I couldn't possibly catch up. I will say that we have just got home from an awesome softball game! Faith is playing her first season of softball and she is doing fantabulous!! The team is doing great. It is an under 8 team of all girls. They have only had 2 practices and tonight was their 4th game. They came very close to winning tonight with a score of 15-14. Faith won the game ball because she caught TWO FLY BALLS!! We have been working with her on not being afraid of the ball and catching balls the proper way. Alex has now got the softball fever and wants to play in the Spring. How fun to have both girls in sports!



Let's see...just a brief bio of where we are at...Alex is now in the SEVENTH GRADE and Faith is in the SECOND GRADE! Still shocks me! They are both such fantastic students and are doing well in their advanced classes. Faith has been accepted in the AIM program and she really loves going to that class on Tuesdays. She is also excited that our awesome friend from church Mr Bill (Mr Barsh officially) is her new Art teacher. We could NOT ask for a better man of God to be a part of our school.



Tommy followed with obedience to the call to go to Haiti in February for a disaster relief mission trip with our church. I could write an entire essay on how God opened up each door to make that trip possible in TWO SHORT WEEKS! Everything was taken care of from the time off at work, finances and immunizations. It was a week he will never forget and God truly captured his heart for the people of Haiti. This is a picture of Pastor Edmund who has 23 churches and schools in Haiti. He and Tommy made a connection and I'd love to see them cross paths again. The experience truly made an impact on our family to learn each day to not take things...even the simple ones...for granted. It also has made a huge impact on my heart to hear the stories of people in other countries who worship GOD for WHO HE IS and not for WHAT HE CAN DO. I have to just stop right there...I could go on all night!

I am still working at our church's preschool in the office and LOVE the ministry I am able to be a part of each day. I am also involved in All Grace Abound Ministries with my dear friend and mentor Angie Williams. www.allgraceaboundministries.org Cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store in the near future.

Ok, I will do my best to start updating this for our family across the country to try to keep you up to date with our ever changing family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, yay!! I will have to figure out how to add you to my blog roll, so I will be able to easily hop on over here!! Love the Baker fam.
Kristy