Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer 2011

I have been very blessed to have been given time off this summer to spend at home with the girls.  Through much prayer, the Lord told me very specifically to not commit to any ministry except the ministry of my girls and hubby.  I was OKayed :) to attend a retreat.  It was a real blessing to my heart personally.

The theme was daughters of the King...we were crowned when we entered and wore our crown during the entire retreat.  What an honor it is to begin to grasp who we are in Christ alone. 

I also learned how to snap and cook fresh green beans!  My friend Dawn explained how to do it and we bonded through food prep.  :) 

The rest of the summer has had lots of downtime...amen to that...and spending quality time investing in the girls personally and spiritually.  Alex loves doing Bible studies and reading devotion books.  I have also started working with Faith on her first Bible study called Lord, Teach Me To Pray by Kay Arthur.  GOOD STUFF!

Alex went to youth camp in Cocoa Beach for a week and had a great time as usual.  Faith and I took time away with my mom and went to Savannah for the first time.  It was sooo pretty and nice there but we picked a tough time to go...they broke the record high both days we were there.  We really want to go back when its cooler and continue to learn more about the history and do more shopping!!

Wish I had taken pics while we were there but I only took phone pics.  :(

No comments: